Sunday, April 20, 2008

Natural and Earth Friendly Resolution

As I was sorting through my children's toys, I decided to see where they were made. To my surprise, I would say that 95% of the toys, (they have an abnormal amount, my uncle brings a carload every time he visits) are from China. This really is a concern , after all the press regarding China and the unsafe lead levels in toys. So I continued on in the house looking at things I never thought about: toothbrushes, nail polish, kid friendly plastic spoons and bowls, plastic freezer bags, shampoos, lotions, pens, pencils and the list goes on and on. Yes, there are some things that are still made in the USA, however most things are made in China. even some of the plastic freezer bags! Then I got to thinking, what kind of chemicals are my children ingesting from these plastics, nail polishes, pencils, etc. Yes, this sent me into a panic mode. I know I cannot stop my children from playing with all their beloved toys, but yes, I can control where the rest of the things in my household are from. I am going to make a conscious effort, even down to the freezer bags to make sure I am buying natural products that do not harm the environment and that will not harm my children. That is why I love my corn bag critters so much. They are natural, earth friendly, non-toxic and biodegradable...who can ask for more....oh and yes, made in the USA!

No comments: